The 13th Zodiac Sign, OphiuchusOphiuchus is identified in mythology with the son of Apollo, Asclepius the healer. Asclepius had the power to return the dead to life. When Hades realized how much power he possessed, he convinced Zeus he needed to use a lightning bolt to kill Asclepius. After his death, he became a constellation in the stars. The constellation has been called Ophiuchus since ancient times, but is also known as Serpentarius, or the serpent holder. This is among the 48 constellations Ptolemy described. He is usually shown as a man holding a serpent, with the body of the snake divided in two. This symbol of Asclepius is currently used as a medical staff.
Astrology has not included Ophiuchus the Serpent Bearer in the signs of the zodiac because this is the sign of the Mazzaroth, and only nineteen days are spent by the sun in this 13th sign. Despite the fact the heavens contain 13 signs, the zodiac sign Ophiuchus was omitted. The astrologers felt since the sun went from the Scorpius constellation directly to Sagittarius, there was no reason for a representation of the zodiac sign Ophiuchus. The reality is the sun spends nineteen days each year traveling through this constellation prior to entering Scorpius. The sign of Ophiuchus the Serpent Bearer was created using the Sumerian God Enki as the original bearer of the serpent. According to the Anunnaki, the supreme leader of the earth was Enki. Marduk later dethroned Enki.
The Zodiac SignsThe Zodiac signs are a representation of the path taken by the sun every year as it makes a journey throughout the heavens. This has been depicted as a view from the Earth. The signs represent the star constellations in the areas where the sun is supposed to travel in one earth year. Originally there were twelve constellations, and twelve zodiac signs in astrology. These are familiar to most people and include Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn, Sagittarius, Scorpio, Libra, Virgo, Leo, Cancer, Gemini, Taurus and Aries. The thirteenth sign is not widely known, and it is Ophiuchus.
For modern astrologers, the acknowledgement of a 13th sign would be extremely awkward. They enjoy the simplicity of 12 Zodiac houses ruled by 12 signs. There is life to the heavens, and even thousands of years will not change them. If an astrologer is truly interested in maintaining accuracy, there must be changes because the signs in the heavens remain the same. The 13th sign of the zodiac is the only one with a link to a real man. He lived in the 27th century BCE in Egypt, and was given the name of Imhotep. This was in reference to Enki.
A lot of the attributes of Imhotep are found in the son of Jacob, Joseph. He is a man from biblical Hebrew, and the similarities are remarkable. Many different accomplishments have been credited to Imhotep including the ability and knowledge regarding the use of medicine. The most common belief is the craft of healing was brought to mankind by Imhotep. It is believed this is why the medical profession is represented with a snake. This was in honor of Imhotep. The ancient Greeks also knew him as Aesclepius, but they did not change any of his attributes. His image has remained the same in modern times.
The Attributes of the Serpent HolderThe attributes of the serpent holder are in direct correlation with the Zodiac’s 13th sign. His numerous attributes include:
- An interpreter of dreams
- An interpreter of vivid premonitions
- The ability to attract good luck
- The ability to bring fruitful blessings
- The serpent holder graced with lofty ideals
- A seeker of harmony and peace
- A doctor of science, medicine and a naturopath
- Capable of gathering, joining expanding and increasing inventive, natural and poetic qualities
- A seeker of wisdom and higher education
- A supervisor and overseer of work
- Capable of grand fame or misunderstood completely
- Aspirations to heal all man’s ills
- A builder and an architect
- Reaching for the stars both literally and figuratively
- Places levies on taxes and is a tax assessor
- Talented in astrology
- Holds the number 12 in great significance
- Brings good fortune and foresight so hard times can still bring benefits
- A genius mentality
- Has a large family
- Has separated from his family while very young
- His close associations or family contain his secret enemies
- Incurs the jealousy of others
- During his youth he was the pride of his father
- Has a notable father
- Has an elevated position in his life
- Achieved the highest fame
- He became legendary after death
- Enjoys wearing plaids and vibrantly colored clothing
- Is blessed with the favor of individuals who wield authority