Rosh Hashanah is a festival celebrated by the Jewish people all around the world. “Rosh” is a Hebrew word for head, “Sanah” means year and “ha” is the definite article. Thus “Rosh Hashanah” means the head of the year which refers to Jewish day of the new year.
The biblical name of this holiday is Yom Teruah sometimes which is also translated as the Feast of trumpets . So here we bring you the Rosh Hashanah traditional food and Rosh Hashanah meal ideas.
Rosh Hashanah is a two day festival which begins on the first day of the first month (Tishrei) Jewish civil year. As to the study of religious belief , the day is said to be the anniversary of Adam and Eve(the first man and women) and their first action towards the realization of humanity’s role in gods world.
Rosh Hashanah customs include sounding a hollowed–out ram’s horn which is known as Shofar.
Religious groups such as the messianic Jews and the church of god groups celebrate the biblical feast of trumpets as a fulfillment of the new covenant marriage between Christ and the Church.
Rosh Hashanah is also known as the day of judgement or the day of repentance. The first ten days of this Jewish New year begins with Rosh Hashanah and ends with Yom Kippur.
Rosh Hashanah meal ideas
· Lemon chicken
· Roasted chicken with lemon sauce
· Buttermilk baked chicken
· Apple brown sugar BBQ chicken
· Chicken thighs braised in white wine
· Masala chicken with sage and cremini mushrooms
· Barbecued chicken on garlic toast
· Breaded chicken cutlets with sage
· Sixty clove garlic chicken
· Chocolate pudding pie
· Butterscotch haystacks recipe
· Oreo milk shake
· Cone cannoli recipe
· Grasshopper pie
· Peanutty chocolate covered strawberries
Dinner menu for Rosh Hashanah 2016
· Roasted sweet potatoes and fresh figs
· Couscous with sautéed almonds and currants
· Couscous and Mograbiah with oven dried tomatoes
· Persian steamed white rice
· Saffron rice pillaf
· Peach and blueberry cobbler
· Sephardic spinach patties
· Coconut crusted fish with mango salsa
· Avocado sandwiches
Salad for Rosh Hashanah 2016
· Moroccan Beet Leaf or Swiss Chard Salad
· Spicy Moroccan carrot salad
· Arugula Salad with Pickled Beets and Preserved-Lemon Viniagrette
· Smoked Trout, Watercress and Apple Salad with Creamy Horseradish Dressing
· Mark Siegel's Whitefish Salad
Now the traditional food for Rosh Hashanah
· Apple-Honey Challah. ...
· Pomegranate-Honey Coolers. ...
· Roasted Chicken Breasts with Carrots and Onions. ...
· Matzo Ball Soup. ...
· Paprika Roast Chicken. ...
· Tzimmes. ...
· Gefilte Fish Pate.
So here we sum up our details for the Rosh Hashanah. We tried our level best for explaining you about the Rosh Hashanah traditional food and Rosh Hashanah meal ideas .I hope you would not have any query or doubt in reading this if any please reply in comment box given below.